SIERRA INTERNATIONAL FILM WEEKEND (SIFW) / THIRD EDITION / 2017
REGULATIONS / CALL
2.- International Competition
– Films can be made in any video or film format; In any language, from anywhere in the world.
– Short films with a maximum duration of 35 minutes, including credits, will be accepted. Feature films will last for more than 36 minutes.
– In order for the film to be selected, PREMIERE will not be required in the country.
– Films that have been exhibited at any other festival in Bolivia or abroad may be entered.
– Commercial works or political propaganda are not accepted.
– Films must be presented in their original language or with subtitles in English or Spanish.
3.- Categories in competition:
Narrative Short Film
Documentary short film
Animation Short Film
Experimental short film
Lgbt Short Film
Narrative Feature Film
Documentary feature film
Animation Feature film
4.- Fees for each Deadline:
The inscription of the films has a fee, which changes with the date that it takes place:
- First deadline: before July 07
Short film: $ 11
Feature film: $ 14
- Second deadline: before 07 August
Short film: $ 12
Feature film: $ 15
- Third deadline: before 07 September
Short Film: $ 13
Feature Film: $ 16
- Fourth deadline: before 07 October
Short Film: $ 14
Feature film: $ 17
- Fifth deadline: before 01 November
Short film: $ 15
Feature film: $ 18
5.- Notification of the Official Selection:
– The publication of results of the films that will make up the official selection SIFW, will be held on November 10, 2017, through social networks and the official website of the festival https://santacruzfest.wordpress.com/
– The festival committee will select the short films that will make up the SIFW programming and the special programs.
– To all those selected, they will be sent the Laurel SIFW
– The decision of the selection committee shall be final.
6.- Registration Requirements:
-REGISTRATION to SIFW – SIERRA INTERNATIONAL FILM WEEKEND will be made online through CLICK FOR FESTIVALS.
– All films must be registered under copyright in their respective country or be in the process of registration.
– There is no registration limit for the number of films per director or producer.
– The film can not be removed from the competition once it has been sent.
– The SIFW Committee – SIERRA INTERNATIONAL FILM WEEKEND will determine the order and date of exhibition of the official selection.
– Through the registration to the SIFW, the filmmakers authorize the festival to use their films or parts of them for promotional purposes and to broadcast the festival.
– The film owner (director / producer) accepts the film screening from November 17 to 19, 2017.
– In no case will be paid for the exhibition rights.
– The winners will be selected by an external jury of the Committee, which is made up of specialists in the cinematographic area.
– Upon completing the registration of the films, the persons who own the rights agree to accept these regulations.
– The competitive sections of the festival will be awarded by an external jury, chosen by the festival committee, which will be composed of specialists recognized in the cinematographic medium, as well as of different artistic disciplines.
Best Narrative Short Film
Best Documentary short film
Best Animation Short Film
Best Experimental short film
Best Lgbt Short Film
Best Narrative Feature Film
Best Documentary feature film
Best Animation Feature film
Actor and technical awards (individual categories)
-The jury will have the freedom to grant the mentions that it considers pertinent.
9.- Acceptance of the bases:
– All the participants fully accept the present bases, as well as the resolutions that the SIFW Committee takes before any situation not foreseen in this call.